Who Are We?
Tongariro Mountain Biking was created to deliver kick-ass MTB experiences in the Taupo region – covering Taupo, Turangi and Tongariro.
MTB is one of the fastest growing activities in New Zealand – there are bikes and tracks suited to all ages, it’s affordable for all. But most of all – it’s just heaps of fun!
That’s why we run guided MTB trips – you get to experience fantastic tracks/trails and take advantage of the knowledge of our local guides – guides who love riding, are highly skilled and super friendly!
Speaking of fun, we are a sister company to Tongariro River Rafting – who started offering rafting adventures on the Tongariro River way back in 1987 – the most fun you can have on water!
Both companies are owned & operated by local outdoor-adventure legend Garth Oakden – under the banner of The Tongariro Experience, which represents the best activites in the region.
Bring on the eBikes!
For those new to mountain biking, the advent of electronic mountain bikes (eMTBs) have created opportunities for a whole new set of people to experience the fun.
It’s also enabled families to ride together, where mum and dad are on ebikes and the kids are on regular bikes.
We even get grandpa and grandma on ebikes – you’re never too old!
In The News
Over the years, we’ve been featured in well known media outlets – you can read articles written about us below.
- Video: The Blue Duck Project featured on Seven Sharp
- Garth talks Blue Ducks at stuff.co.nz
- The New Zealand Herald come rafting with us
- Noted.co.nz go raft fishing with Garth
- Get to know Garth on 3WiseMen
- Our Unofficial Dog Rescue Service!: stuff.co.nz
- Raft Fishing with Garth on qantas.com
- Skiing and Outdoor Adventures in the Ruapehu area on traveller.com